Introduce Yourself

Got a question, idea, etc that doesn't fit in anywhere else? No problem. Just a simple place to chat.
User avatar
Dru Jenkins
Tourist
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Dru Jenkins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi everyone

My names Dru, 31. I recently moved to Phnom Penh from Australia with my wife. I'm currently finishing a bit of study (social science/anthropology), and aim to do a bit of research while I'm here. I'll also be helping a friend here with a development project. Really I'm just a tag along though, as my wife's here to train/mentor Khmer teachers.

Anyway, I'll be lurking around - virtually and physically.
retire40
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:06 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby retire40 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:15 pm

User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 5576
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 1
Contact:

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Username Taken » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum.

I think the person you should speak to used to go by the name of 'bkktrapper', however he now uses the name 'phrammoianchor'. Search the members list, then send him a PM. I believe he's an early retiree.

:beer:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
CamboCaz
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby CamboCaz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:32 am

Hi there, I'm a newbie to the forum and to Phnom Penh. I've visited several times but not made it my home until now. I'm excited to find such a good forum, I am seeing a ton of handy info already.
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 2993
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby kiwiincambodia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:31 am

Username Taken wrote:Hi Beth, welcome to the forum.

I think the person you should speak to used to go by the name of 'bkktrapper', however he now uses the name 'phrammoianchor'. Search the members list, then send him a PM. I believe he's an early retiree.

:beer:
Oh so the MODs know phrammoianchor is bkktrapper? So much for shoot on sight....
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at http://tiny.cc/j410iy
WildA
Expatriate
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby WildA » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 am

WildA here from Arizona. Experienced Thailand traveler (and lived there) hoping to relocate to PP in the Fall. Great source of info here, thanks!
whereami
Tourist
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby whereami » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 am

Hi everyone ! Great forum with lots of info . Im a middle aged american considering living in cambodia longterm . I will be arriving in p.p. next month . Hobbies are staying in shape , trying not to drink too much , and everything in between . First time in cambodia and looking forward to it !!
User avatar
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Trinitysmackstain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 am

whereami wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 am
Hi everyone ! Great forum with lots of info . Im a middle aged american considering living in cambodia longterm . I will be arriving in p.p. next month . Hobbies are staying in shape , trying not to drink too much , and everything in between . First time in cambodia and looking forward to it !!
Hey mate.

Those to things that you speak off, not drinkin and staying in shape. Are the two biggest demons for 99.9999 % od travelers and expats on KoW.
whereami
Tourist
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby whereami » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am

Trinitysmackstain wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 am
whereami wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 am
Hi everyone ! Great forum with lots of info . Im a middle aged american considering living in cambodia longterm . I will be arriving in p.p. next month . Hobbies are staying in shape , trying not to drink too much , and everything in between . First time in cambodia and looking forward to it !!
Hey mate.

Those to things that you speak off, not drinkin and staying in shape. Are the two biggest demons for 99.9999 % od travelers and expats on KoW.
Aint that the truth ! I find when i make the staying healthy part a priority it eases the sufferin on the rest of it . Spent a little time in asia but never cambodia . Watched too many guys take a turn for the worse with cheap booze and beautiful women . And it sounds like you even gotta dodge good food in cambodia !
User avatar
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Trinitysmackstain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:56 am

whereami wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am
Trinitysmackstain wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 am
whereami wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 am
Hi everyone ! Great forum with lots of info . Im a middle aged american considering living in cambodia longterm . I will be arriving in p.p. next month . Hobbies are staying in shape , trying not to drink too much , and everything in between . First time in cambodia and looking forward to it !!
Hey mate.

Those to things that you speak off, not drinkin and staying in shape. Are the two biggest demons for 99.9999 % od travelers and expats on KoW.
Aint that the truth ! I find when i make the staying healthy part a priority it eases the sufferin on the rest of it . Spent a little time in asia but never cambodia . Watched too many guys take a turn for the worse with cheap booze and beautiful women . And it sounds like you even gotta dodge good food in cambodia !
Just goto sundance in and saloon and live off of 1 dollar tacos and sliders like everyone else.

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests