ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Got a question, idea, etc that doesn't fit in anywhere else? No problem. Just a simple place to chat.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 10986
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 12
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:

ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby General Mackevili » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Image

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Follow me on Twitter @Mackevili http://www.Twitter.com/Mackevili
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 0
Location: the far side of the moon

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby phuketrichard » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 pm

:plus1: :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm
Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
Mate this has not even been funny today, its gone viral through my facebook, including a voice message usually attached to it as well!
Image
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Karma: 0
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby taabarang » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Hot damn! I tried it but I'm just not a face book kinda guy. Good for me but the wife will.be devastated.
A fost odata ca niciodata. De n-ar fi nu s-ar povesti.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

taabarang wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:03 pm
Hot damn! I tried it but I'm just not a face book kinda guy. Good for me but the wife will.be devastated.
i wouldnt worry, one of these messages goes around facebook every year,
if its not them deleting your account due to in activity then facebook will soon be charging you to use it blah blah blah
its all just chain mail "if you dont send this to 25 people you will have bad luck for the next 6 years and you fingers will fall off and a ghost is going to come kill you in your sleep in 25 days" kinda bullshit
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1365
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Karma: 0

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby Digg3r » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm
Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
Mate this has not even been funny today, its gone viral through my facebook, including a voice message usually attached to it as well!
Image
How do you feel knowing so many of your friends are intellectually stunted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 5451
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby Anchor Moy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 pm

LOL. Reassure your wives, g/friends and cambodian friends. They can stop spreading the spam. For some reason this sort of stuff works really well in Cambodia.
Send them this instead. From Hoax Busters 2015, but same message:
The messages below, which claim Facebook is becoming overpopulated and will delete inactive members, is a hoax. The fake messages which claim Facebook users should send the message to 15 other people in order to prevent Facebook from deleting their account, started circulated on Facebook as far back as 2007. Facebook is NOT deleting inactive accounts due to overcrowding. All the messages do, are to clutter up Facebook users Wall or Timeline with garbage.

Please continue reading below.

So, if you have received the fake messages below or something similar, delete them and do not follow the instructions in them. Sharing the fake messages is like spreading spam or junk on Facebook.
The Fake Facebook Messages

"Hi,this is a message from the creator of facebook and it tells you a little bit about what is going to happen to facebook on the 15th of march. Please don't send this back to the person you received it from. Dear facebook members, Facebook was supposed to be closing down march 15th because it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members complaining that Facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active please send to 15 other users using copy+paste to show that you are still active.*Those who do not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. Send this message to all you friends to show that you are still active and you will not be deleted. Founder of Facebook... Remember to send this to 15 other people so your account won't deleted"
Etc,etc
https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/arti ... -accounts/
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Digg3r wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm
Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
Mate this has not even been funny today, its gone viral through my facebook, including a voice message usually attached to it as well!
Image
How do you feel knowing so many of your friends are intellectually stunted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
because the 7 people you can see in the picture make up the vast majority of my friends :roll: right-o :facepalm:
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Davy Jones' Locker

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby John Bingham » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

its all just chain mail "if you dont send this to 25 people you will have bad luck for the next 6 years and you fingers will fall off and a ghost is going to come kill you in your sleep in 25 days" kinda bullshit
Yeah, this kind of nonsense has been going around for ever. The other ones I hate are pictures or messages concerning caring about cancer or something else tragic, and trying to make you feel guilty if you don't type "amen" and share etc. Gimme a break. Some people will of course fall for these, at least this one isn't particularly malicious.
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Postby cptrelentless » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Back in the old days when specific servers ran facebook this kind of yuck would choke it up and crash it, that's why you'd send it. KOW is at 2005 and counting

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Username Taken and 62 guests