Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Got a question, idea, etc that doesn't fit in anywhere else? No problem. Just a simple place to chat.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 am
Karma: 0

Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby jaynewcastle » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Looking for 1st hand information of walking paths around the island, particularly from the east to west side of the island, haven't found any information on the internet, or even asking a few people on the island itself earlier this year

I've walked over to the southern end of Sok San beach twice, from the main pier, but really want to know if there are paths further up the island too, over to the north end of Sok San beach

Appreciate any information people have on this
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 pm

dont know mate tbh, in 4 years ive never been to Koh Rong
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:46 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:dont know mate tbh, in 4 years ive never been to Koh Rong
And just to add to all the information you are getting on walking around Koh Rong.????? The riverside in Phnom Penh is a interesting walk . Fires, smoke, rubbish, expat lowlife, glue sniffers, beggers and if you make an appointment to meet some one of upper class, you could also meet me .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 am

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:dont know mate tbh, in 4 years ive never been to Koh Rong
And just to add to all the information you are getting on walking around Koh Rong.????? The riverside in Phnom Penh is a interesting walk . Fires, smoke, rubbish, expat lowlife, glue sniffers, beggers and if you make an appointment to meet some one of upper class, you could also meet me .
haha i just felt like giving the tread a push to get the ball moving :P
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:27 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:dont know mate tbh, in 4 years ive never been to Koh Rong
And just to add to all the information you are getting on walking around Koh Rong.????? The riverside in Phnom Penh is a interesting walk . Fires, smoke, rubbish, expat lowlife, glue sniffers, beggers and if you make an appointment to meet some one of upper class, you could also meet me .
haha i just felt like giving the tread a push [/b]to get the ball moving :P



Advice from a ball kicker,,, Stop pushing the thread, try kicking the ball.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 7503
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:30 am

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:dont know mate tbh, in 4 years ive never been to Koh Rong
And just to add to all the information you are getting on walking around Koh Rong.????? The riverside in Phnom Penh is a interesting walk . Fires, smoke, rubbish, expat lowlife, glue sniffers, beggers and if you make an appointment to meet some one of upper class, you could also meet me .
haha i just felt like giving the tread a push [/b]to get the ball moving :P



Advice from a ball kicker,,, Stop pushing the thread, try kicking the ball.


if i knew how to do that id of become a football player and not a boxer :lol:
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Karma: 0
Location: Sihanoukville

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby cptrelentless » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:33 pm

There are paths to follow between the villages (my wife says one starts behind Coco's but I couldn't see it) but I think the only one which has any markings is the walk to Long Beach from Koh Toch village, and even then I know of people who got lost. It wasn't bad, the trip down the cliff face was a bit hairy. You could then walk along Long beach.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 am
Karma: 0

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby jaynewcastle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Long Beach = Sok San beach, yes I've done that trek a couple of times, apart from the view out over the main town after climbing up the hill, its not enjoyable at all :), especially going down the other side through the rocks.

I would like to find out if its possible to cross the island further up
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 am
Karma: 0

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby jaynewcastle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Unfortunately its very difficult to find any information about walking on Koh Rong

Maybe it may be easier to hire a longtail for the day to go around the island
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Karma: 0

Re: Anybody with experience of walking around Koh Rong ?

Postby Cam Nivag » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:14 am

Here's a news story about a lady who tried to walk around on Koh Rong:

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/archives/ ... ead-77524/

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 62 guests